Thursday, March 29, 2007

WIP

Just an intro for now. I'm still working on everything...probably should speed this up a bit though (it being due Sunday an' all...)
(size enhanced for readability)
Transferring
I consistently fail to see how the name of an educational institution dictates the type of education received. Quite frankly, expert education (sans a few specific things) can be received at many, if not all, accredited universities and colleges. The question arises then, why (if I believe that good and bad professors exists everywhere, and that essentially all schools are equal in that regard) would I even consider leaving a 4-year university where I stand a good chance of graduating with a high GPA, and perhaps even honors status? I would respond to this query by asking a question of my own: what good is the time spent earning the degree, if I am unhappy for the duration? University is more than just working towards a career goal. Cliché would say that these are the best years of my life, and I have no reason to disagree. Basically, I’ve been given 4 years to be an adult on my own, but have most things paid for. All the while, taking time to learn about anything and everything I am interested in. Before education comes people, experiences, and ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home