Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Federal Government

Election, election, Rumsfeld, Bush, Democrats, House, Senate, Pelosi, Dean, Amtrak…what? Turns out everything I’ve listed are related. Unbeknownst to me, Amtrak is owned and operated by the U.S. Federal Government, no wonder their service sucks!
Of course I am happy that the Democrats won the house and the senate, something about “checks and balances” comes to mind…it’s a familiar feeling. Like something I (we) once knew, but lost somewhere along the line. I get all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that one branch of government had its leaves trimmed.

On (apparently) a related note: I’m sitting in the first coach car of AM174, Regional service to Boston, MA. Why? I dunno, figured I would go have some fun this weekend. Brennon and Daniel go to school up there, Emily is nearby, and as it happens, my father is going to be in town as well.
Quick! Where is Exit 15 on 1? What do you mean what 1? The 1! The 1 that leaves New York City! Where that is, I am…er…was. Coming up on 16 now..heh.
All this aside, I’m really enjoying all the traveling I have been doing recently. I really need to find a job that lets me travel like this. Trans, Planes (my particular favorite method of transportation) and Automobiles baby!

So…not much substance in this post, I apologize. I’ve been trying to design a new class schedule for next semester. I’ll attach an image of my plans (yeah, my handwriting sucks…)

I did move that evening class in between the first two though. It works out a lot better. Just need to work on the M and W classes.

Note 1: Passing an I-95 toll booth, I assume the tracks follow the Interstate.
Note 2: Turns out that at least part of the track is shared with the Metro-North New Haven Line. I really wish trains had internet access.
Note 3: This makes me sad, we’re coming up on the Tappen Ze Bridge, which means I am basically going to be parallel my campus. I was on a 10:40 train to the city to catch this 1:00 to Boston. It’s now 2, and I’m just starting to make headway…good thing I like transportation! (Rye Station on the New Haven line, I-287)
Note 4: 5 o’clock and all is well…I guess there are more stops on this train than I had previously thought. Rhode Island is very beautiful though. Coming up on 128 right now, then just one more stop until South Station. Phew! I think Acela is the best way to go from now on!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect pictures of your breakfast in Boston!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home