Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Chicago...again

Images! Yes, I figured I should add some more Chicago photos from the trip the other week. I saw Bob for 2 of the 3 nights at the historical Chicago theater, and while I took many shots inside the place, I think the ones of the Marquee came out the best overall. It really was a great time, and I look forward to going back in March for QC.

In other news I've been trying to keep up on the school work. I almost think I have too light of a load this semester, and its hampering my ability to focus. I'll have to see. I go in for a meeting with an advisor in the morning, and I'll be declaring either a double major in Communication Studies and Film Studies or a Major/Minor combo with those two. I haven't decided exactly what I want to do yet; I feel though, that these two majors cater well to my interests and should be quite enjoyable.

While I don't exactly want to go into a film profession, I have always loved the medium, and I look forward to taking the opportunity to learn more about it. Communication Studies for me offers a broad range of topics, that fit into my perspective on the world, and while I still have no real occupation in mind, declaring COM sets me up nicely for any job I wish to pursue in the future.

On an unrelated tangent, as I look at the picture on the right, I can't help but notice how awesome the iPhone camera is. I have to say, that is quite a good shot, if the scaffolding wasn't there it would be fantastic, perhaps I should invest in a good digital camera like I've been meaning to. Perhaps a copy of Photoshop to help with some of the cropping. But I must say, the lighting was great. I'm glad I went outside to take the shots when I did.

Back to Chicago though. Dylan was playing with Elvis Costello and Amos Lee as his openers. Elvis was doing this awesome solo acoustic thing, and it really turned me on to his stuff, I'll definitely be checking it out. Amos was also great, as always, and if you haven't heard him, I suggest you check him out. He writes some solid stuff, and it sounds fantastic, not to mention he's a really cool dude. He also featured some new songs he hasn't recorded yet in his set, which is always a plus for me, it means that the artists is still working and perfecting, and not trying to milk out his 'hits' for all they are worth.

In other news, if you haven't seen (but most of you have), Ze posted a new video which is highly amusing.

Otherwise, I'm out of things to talk about.

Peace, Love, and FUCK PAD THAI,
Matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home